On this page, you will learn impactful facts about God’s servant Pastor E. A. Adeboye and his personal life and other insightful facts about him. Sure that is what you are searching for, then we got you covered;
Let’s journey right in…
Pastor E. A. Adeboye a national figure, he was born 2nd March, 1942. He happened to come out from a very humble background (poor family) in the village of Ifewara, Osun State, situated in the South Western part of Nigeria. He is a Nigerian Pastor, and also the General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God located in Lagos.
Early Life – Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye was born on 2nd March 1942, in village of Ifewara, not too far from Ife, in Osun State, Nigeria. His family background happens to be classified under the third class or Low class (Poor) families in the society. Although, his parents were not wealthy or having much to spear but they did all in their power to see their son attend formal education despite the fact that they were peasant farmer.
Education – Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye began his education at Ilesha Grammar School Ilesha Osun State in 1956. His early teachers believed beyond all doubts that his going to be an academia due to his level of intelligence, reserved nature and a lover of peace. Pastor E. A. Adeboye burning desire was to secure a career in Education, although, it said that his choice of ambition was connected to his humble background. In order to secure his future and not to discourage him, his parents had to sell some of their personal belongings and still loan from very close relatives, just to make sure their sons dream was not thrown to the dogs. As a young man he was able to note his passion for science, books and mathematics in particular. His love for mathematics made him pursue higher education in the field.
After his grammar school in Ilesha, he further to the University of Nigeria Nsukka, although due to the Nigeria Civil War, he had to complete his First degree in University of Ife now referred to as Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), he graduated with a Bachelors degree in Mathematics in the year 1967. Then, in the year 1969, he secured his Masters degree in Hydrodynamics from University of Lagos. Also, he obtained a Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from University of Lagos in the year 1975. He purposed in his heart to become the youngest African University President/Vice-Chancellor in any outstanding university in Nigeria. Furthermore, he holds a position as Professor of Mathematics at University of Lagos.
It was at the apex of what he sees as the beginning of success in his career as he was made the Head of Department (HoD) of his department in the university that the Lord now called him into full time ministry.
Ministry – Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Pastor E. A. Adeboye journey to The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) could best be described as a great awaken, his daughter was very sick in the year 1973 and it happened that she wasnt responding to any traditional treatments or medications at that time. A cousin of his had to invite him and his wife to one of RCCGs Parish to sought divine encounter for their daughters illness. The unthinkable happened to the wonderful Mathematics Professor and his amiable wife the very moment they decide to leave the comfort of their home to attend the invitation offer to them by his cousin, little did they know they were walking into Gods purpose for their lives.
29th July 1973, Pastor E. A. Adeboye made a personal vow to Christ via the ministry of Reverend Josiah Olufi Akindayomiem, who happened to be the first General Overseer and the Founder of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). Pa. Josiah O. Akindayomi was not opportune to attend any formal education but he was supernaturally graced by God with the ability to read the Holy Bible in his local language.
Pastor E. A. Adeboye served as an Interpreter to the General overseer of RCCG for many years before he was ordained a Pastor in the commission by Pa. Josiah Akindayomi in the year 1975. He was privilege to have sound scriptures background under the watch of Pa. Josiah, through various bible studies, crusades, revivals, outreaches and also evangelistic meetings tagged The Congress. Record has it that these programs are conducted successfully in different cities all over South-West part of Nigeria.
Then, he assumed position of the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in 1981, after the call to glory of Pa. Josiah Akindayomi the General Overseer, therefore the mantle of leadership was passed to him by divine ordination. Although, after he assumed office of the General Overseer of the church, he played the role part-time for good three year due to his work at University of Ilorin, before he finally gave up his position in the university to face full-time ministry. Pastor E. A. Adeboye celebrated 40 years as the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) on 15th January 2021.
Though, his appointment as General Overseer marked the end of his academic career, which resulted to him set his heart on moving The Redeemed Christian Church of God to the next level as a ministry, where all groups or class of the society could be carried along in the ministry without compromising the values of true worship to God. This vision led to the establishment of the Model Parishes via which numerous millions in the upper class of the society have come to knowledge the Lord. Whereas, the poor and needy (middle & lower class) in the society are never left out, as Pastor E. A. Adeboye has a deep burning desire for souls.
Thereafter, is the introduction of the Holy Ghost Services (HGS) in mid of 1980s. The Holy Ghost Services featured various events such as Night of Praise, Worship, Prayer, soul-winning, Deliverance, Testimonies and preaching of the Word once a month. Formally held at the premises of RCCGs headquarters in Lagos, but as a result of the increasing numbers in attendance a change in location had to be made. That resulted into the purchase of a massive piece of land located in Ogun State, Nigeria. This massive piece of land in Ogun State is now known as The RCCGs Redemption Camp. The Holy Ghost Services now holds and runs there for over 20 years, with a massive crowd attendance running into millions every month.
Pastor E. A. Adeboye was entered into international prominence on 18th December 1998, during his very first open air Holy Ghost Congress in Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria with an attendance running into over 7 million persons as reported by CNN and the BBC respectively. It constitutes the largest mobilization of persons at a spot on the surface of the earth, a relatively rare occurrence that has never been recorded before then.
The year after that, the Holy Ghost Congress experienced a massive increase in her attendance to 12 million persons. The monthly HGC has been replaced with an Annual Three Day Holy Ghost Congress, also hosted in RCCG Redemption Camp. The way other meetings in RCCG has experienced some change so also is the Holy Ghost Congress in the year 1998 it was changed from a night to one week program today. In every single program countless souls are won to the Lord, and the power of God moves easily to anoint, deliver, heal and empower people. Pastor E. A. Adeboyes humility is his trademark, and this single act has made it much easier for him to share his mouthwatering testimonies of the Gospel of Christ. His heart burns for soul winning and, this passion is the very reason for church planting which has resulted to inspiring countless persons in following him and also serving the Lord in RCCG.
Pastor E. A. Adeboye mostly appears in a pinstriped suit, bright white shirt and a bow tie. He is fondly called Baba Adeboye, he is a global icon haven preached in many remote villages in Africa, mega cities in The United States and Europe respectively. Immediately after his ordination as the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, he was given the honor to host preaching missions in almost all continents of the world.
Pastor E. A. Adeboye conducts his ministry via;
- The monthly Holy Ghost Service (HGS) [open air meeting] in Nigeria with an average attendance of over 1 million people.
- The annual March 3-Day Special Holy Ghost Service (SHGS) [open air meeting] in Nigeria with an average attendance of over 6 million people.
- The annual December weeklong Holy Ghost Congress (HGC) [open air meeting] in Nigeria with an average attendance of over 12 million people.
- The quarterly Festival of Life [indoor revival meeting] in London, UK and various cities in the US with an average attendance of over 50,000 people in the (UK) and 10,000 in the (US) respectively.
- The annual RCCG Conventions in Nigeria, UK, Asia and the US with an average attendance of over 7 million (Nigeria), 50,000 (UK) and 10,000 (US).
- The annual RCCG Leadership and Discipleship Conferences and Retreats all over the world.
- Television programs are broadcast on a digital-cable channel called Open Heavens TV, Liveway TV and Satellite radio.
- Writing over 60 books, majorly his daily devotional manual titled Open Heavens, with over 1 million published annually, translated and available in English, French and other major languages of the world is globally-distributed and widely-read.
Pastor E. A. Adeboyes life and ministry can best be described and viewed through the light of this scripture: Zechariah 4vs10a which says “Who (with reason) despises the day of small things?[AMP]…”
Baba Adeboyes life and ministry has been impactful after over 30 years of full-time ministry around the world, the impact in the lives of people is transgenerational in every realm. Despite he is from a very humble background (poor family) as a child of an ordinary peasant farmer in one remote village in Nigeria to becoming one of the most influential personalities in the world today.
Pastor E. A. Adeboyes counsel is sought for by presidents, nobles and his voice in secular and religious matters cannot be overemphasized. His influence is evidenced by the large network of groups that have honored him, which includes numerous honorary doctorates from major institutions in Nigeria and abroad, in appreciation of his contributions and life time impact to humanity.
Pastor E. A. Adeboye’s Awards & Recognitions include:
- Received honorary citizenship and key of Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA – 1999.
- Dedicated the first chapel in the Nigerian Presidential Villa, Abuja, Nigeria – 2000.
- Received the key to the city of Detroit, Michigan 2002.
- Received honorary citizenship and key of Dallas, Texas, USA – 2005.
- Received honorary citizenship and key of Baltimore, Maryland, United States – 2005.
- Awarded a National Honor (Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) – 2008.
- Led the Pre-Summit Prayers at the 64th General Assembly of the United Nations (NewYork) – 2009.
- Named one of The Worlds Fifty Most Powerful People by Newsweek Magazine (USA) – 2009.
- Awarded honorary doctorate degree University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria – 2009.
- Awarded honorary doctorate degree University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria – 2009.
- Awarded honorary doctorate degree in Theology Canada Christian College, Canada – 2009.
- Awarded a National Sports Honor (Spiritual Pillar of Nigerian Sports) – 2010.
- Chaired United Nations Global Summit on the Road Map to a Culture of Peace in the Middle East – 2011.
- Awarded honorary doctorate degree University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria – 2011.
- Received award as the Best/Most Profitable Icon/Personality in Nigeria 2011.
- Awarded National Honour (CON) Commander of the Order of the Niger – 2014.
- Awarded Honorary Doctor of Science University of Lagos – 2015.
- Certificate of Recognition The Congress of The United States of America – 2015.
- Presidential Merit Award The Nigerian Society of Engineers – 2015
Although Baba Adeboyes achievements are groundbreaking, outstanding and phenomenal, but Pastor E. A. Adeboye would never fails to accredit the glory to God Almighty, confidently claiming that there are greater things ahead that the Lord will yet do. Even as at 15th January 2022, Pastor E. A. Adeboye has served the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God for 41 years.
Family – Pastor E. A. Adeboye’s
Pastor E. A. Adeboye has been happily married to Pastor Mrs. Foluke Adenike Adeboye for about 55 years (since 1967). Together the couple is blessed and both fruitful in marriage with four wonderful children that consist of three sons and a daughter. Their names are Pastor Dare Adeboye, Pastor Oluwagbemileke Adeboye, Pastor Adeolu Adeboye and Bolu Adubi. They are also gifted with many grand-children and great grand-children. Pastor E. A. Adeboye and his family live at the RCCG Redemption Camp in the boarder of Lagos State, South-West area in Nigeria. May 2021, one of Baba Adeboyes son by name Pastor Dare Adeboye went to be with the Lord.
In the year 2022 in honor of Pastor E. A. Adeboye, the Mount Zion Film Productions headed by Evangelist Mike Bamiloye in conjunction with the Solid Rock Foundations began a project on the biopic story of the life, call and ministry of Pastor Enoch Adeboye. This Movie is titled ENOCH an eponymous work, giving a proper detail about the life of Pastor E. A. Adeboye.
- Biography of Pastor Benny Hinn
- Biography of Pastor Dr. Paul Enenche
- Good -Morning -Holy -Spirit By Benny Hinn
- Marriage Covenant – Faith A. Oyedepo
- Towards Mental Exploits – David Oyedepo
- The Believers Authority-Kenneth Hagin
- Kenneth E Hagin – Praying to Get Results
- Kenneth E Hagin – Redeemed From Poverty, Sickness, and Spiritual Death
- Kenneth E Hagin – The Interceding Christian
- Biography of Kenneth E. Gavin
- Biography of Bishop David O. Oyedepo
How was the post, Trust the post was impactful? And please do well to comment and ask any relevant questions in the comment section or contact us. Thanks for reading.